top of page
JRChibi Scrible v3.png

Aspiring Animator,

Unleash your creativity with

our 12-week digital art and

animation apprenticeship program for college graduates.


Our Mission is to train and empower creatives in our region and to create a space to develop authentic stories which we’ll share with the world. Having observed the nature of the industry, we endeavour to create a proper studio environment and offer a world-class working experience.


Expert guidance and advice.

Our mentors have years of experience in the industry. They will provide expert guidance and advice to help you reach your creative potential.

Master the latest techniques

Our program teaches you the latest digital art and animation techniques, helping you make your work stand out.

Enhance your skills and keep up with the latest technologies and techniques. We will help you create compelling art and animation.


Meet your mentor

Shadrack Munene

Pro 2D/3D Animator | Art Director | Mentor 

  • He runs a full-service animation studio and directs a creative team to produce high-quality work.

  • He has more than six years of teaching experience teaching aspects of the 2D & 3D Production pipeline.

  • Most importantly, he has co-ordinated an animation incubator program and successfully mentored fifteen ambitious youths to produce five animated pilots from scratch in just six months.

His vast experience as a teacher, mentor and animation studio director makes him the best animation mentor in the region.

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn


Sign Up Now

Now Closed

Rate your skill level
BeginnerFairGoodVery goodExcellent
Check what else you're GOOD AT

Your application has been sent! We shall review it and contact you via the email shared

This form no longer accepts submissions. Please wait for the next intake

JR deep_edited.png

JR Animation Studio LTD

1674 - 00502 Karen,

Nairobi, Kenya

(+254) 0114512155

  • How long is the internship?
    This is a 12 Week internship program. We prefer enrolling fresh graduates and a school referral is a must.
  • Is this a paid internship role?
    No. You will not be paid for this. However, you will be remunerated at an entry-level rate, in case you're involved in a client project.
  • Do I need a portfolio
    YES! Not only that you need one, you need to submit the most recent and relevant to the desired role. For example, if you desire to be a character designer, your submitted portfolio should feature atleast 80% of character designs. This should show several designs each showing moodboards and inspiration, character bio description, conceptualisation, color styling, character artwork, facial expressions, dynamic key poses, and 360 turnarounds, The remaining 20% can show your life drawing skills, perspective drawings and form construction skills. The same 80 - 20 rule applies to other areas of specialisation.
  • Is there a certificate?
    There is no certificate offered for this. However, we offer a recommendation letter on request and on condition that you successfully completed the program.
  • What happens after the program?
    After completing this 12 Week internship program, you're free to apply for an entry level role at the studio. Please note that only really strong interns who've successfully completed the program will be considered.
bottom of page